Thursday, November 8, 2018

Unity Tutorial 05

The two tutorials this time were to make a skybox and wind, and to make fade screens as well as how to equip a weapon.

The skybox was fun to mess around with, making the world look like it was on a different planet or that it was constantly a bright sunny day.

Wind was something I wasn't expecting to use in my game, but I may as well have it as just something in the background. I spent so long trying to get the wind right that when I went outside and saw the trees moving I thought 'ah finally got it' before realising my mistake.

Wielding a weapon is important in almost every game. An axe is excellent for an RPG like game where you can choose what weapon to use. My game does use weapons, and for a variety of different reasons, but I would not use an axe.

Image result for stop sign
A stop sign is the main
weapon of my character
The Fades are more of an aesthetic need but one I was happy to learn how to do, if only for the slim chance I might include it in my game if a character dies or if someone is starting up the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment