Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week 8 Reading And Writing

Looking back on my previous works I realised how different my game was going to be before I started the Game Design Document. Originally it was going to be a 'Temple Run' style game with Yoink running away from the screen and from the player.

I realised I was being very impersonal when it came to the readings, giving my honest opinions and make little jokes to try and get people more interested in my blog because they would find it funny. I think this worked well but I haven't really hear anyone say anything about my blog being noticeably funny or more interesting than others.

Looking at the Customisation Screen I figure I could still use the same design for it, and just change the dimensions to fit the game window.

In my most recent blog post on my project I showed a small drawing on what my level design would look like, very different to my original design and I am actually quite happy with that.

Original Level Design

Final Level Design
I never really realised how much I read until I had to go over it and talk about it. And that so many of the subjects I read related to the many games I played, such as Stardew Valley, Civilisation and Undertale.

I disliked the idea of there being types of fun, because I don't think fun is something you can accurately define. I was fine with the idea of comfort and coziness, but risk and reward is something that really makes a game.

Then there was the thing with Meaningless Decisions that I don't agree with because every decision has an effect on either the player or the game. Like changing an outfit or deciding not to go down a particular path.

I think when it comes to what I could improve on or what I would change is just, detail. I need more detail in my Readings but on the other hand it's just meant to be a quick summary based on what I read.

Maybe try and making things less casual and being more professional about how I write down the information I've gained from reading the various pieces of work on the hundreds of different needs Games require.

No comments:

Post a Comment