Thursday, November 15, 2018

Unity Free Tutorials

For this week's free Unity Tutorial I decided to watch the Jimmy Vegas tutorial on How To Make A Super Mario Clone.

I watched these videos because it is the closest I could find to my own game, 'Leg It', which has a similar style but completely different concept. I followed the first video to learn how to put the blocks in, but used a completely different design for them, as Yoink is going to be running along the roofs of buildings, not bricks.

Screenshot Of Unity
This video helped me make the layout I needed for my game, and it also showed me how to bring in assets already in Unity, such as player characters that I won't be copyrighted for. I used a default player character that already had all of the movement programmed into him.

He vaguely resembles a knight which I found mildly amusing given the name of my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Darragh,
    Great to see you found a tutorial close to your idea for your game!!!!!! It's good that it is helping you with your game!! Good Luck with your game dude.

    ReplyDelete