Sunday, October 21, 2018

Game Vision Statement

Introduction: My game is about a free-runner who is on the run from heroes because he is a villain who enjoys playing pranks on them, and has various powers to help him get away.


Game Genre: My genre would be a 3rd Person Action-Platformer, as it involves running, jumping and dodging.

Game Play: The game play will start with a screen, showing the player character walking up an endless fire escape. On the screen will be different options to choose:

Start
Customise
Settings
Exit

The Start will obviously begin the game. The Customise option will bring you to a separate screen where you can see your character. The screen will show the back and front view of the character. This screen will allow you to change your characters appearance.

The base model will be a male with a green hoodie and airsoft goggles. You will be able to change the gender, the colour of the hoodie, the emblem on the back of the hoodie and what he wears on his face.

My Rendition of what the
customisation screen will look like
Settings will just change things like brightness and sound, though I did have the idea to allow the settings to change whether or not the view is First or Third person. Exit will bring you out of the game.

You are running away from the screen and towards something on the other side. You can jump, slide and move from side to side. If I learn how I might implement a QTE (Quick Time Event) if you get hit by one of the obstacles as a second chance.

The thing I will have to focus most on is animations, such as rolling when you hit the ground or when dodging a projectile, there are many different animations that can be used, and I could use a default character to practice them. The game will be 3rd person to make it easier to dodge obstacles.



Resources: I will have to use Unity for this and go over my previous writings for the character. One resource that I will use is the Unity Cookbook to help learn about the many different animations I need to use.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Darragh, it's ya boy, I really like your idea. You're clearly going with your side scroller idea which is great and I like the fact that you found a way to make it 3D. I found it interesting that the protagonist is a villain and the antagonists are the heroes. I like the customization system where you can choose your gender, clothes etc. Although I wish you could add a bit more to the customization maybe like different hair, masks etc. just to make the character look more like a mischievous villain since they're a prankster. I really like how you can switch between first person and third but maybe try to make it like connect to a different difficulty for example: Hard mode is in first person because it's harder to see the obstacles and it requires more reflexes, other than that the mechanics seem decent and overall it's looking like a very enjoyable game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea because it sounds very fun and intensive to run from villains who want to catch you. I like that there are customization options too, as me and many other people get stuck for 10 hours on customization screens because they're so fun to use. If you do implement quicktime events it'll make the game even more interesting at that point. Making the character have powers instead of just regular weapons like guns or knives would make it a lot better since we love to imagine ourselves having powers instead of just shooting guns which are basically in every game and get boring fast. All in all, I like this idea a lot. I checked out the Unity resource linked and it looks interesting but also kinda expensive (good thing torrents exist). It looks like it could help a lot with making the sort of game you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Darragh, hows it going. Really like your idea for your game. The whole idea of a 3rd person action platformer sounds really fast-paced and energetic. I also really like the fact that you put it in the perspective of a villain instead, that's rather unique and really adds character too. Also, the idea of customization adds depth to the idea, though I do feel you could add a bit more to the customisation, maybe to give the players more freedom to customize and add a personal touch to their playtime, also may be playing levels to unlock new items for customisation as well. I also wonder how will you implement the QTE's and if so, will it be just a button prompt for second chance or a sequence of buttons, but I also wonder if you get limited second chances or is it unlimited QTE's in a level? Any way, good luck with the idea, it sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the super hero kind of feel as we are very much in an age of super hero hype. I can see your inspirations int he game and it does have some similar aspects. The gameplay sounds fun with the fire escape like the continuous level. I love how the outfit and character portrays how hes a super hero. I would think it would be cool to include some power ups and that it would give the main character super powers. The animations will add a lot to the whole gameplay. I really look forward to updates

    ReplyDelete