Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Game Design

I found the reading to be very interesting, also gave me some interesting ideas. And by interesting, I mean horrible and rage inducing.
Not quite a video game, but the idea of mixing Three To Fifteen and a Rubix Cube. I feel as though I would have done quite well in Medieval Times as a torturer.

The idea of inventing terminology as it is needed is something that I find very intriguing but at the same time very humerus. I actually have an example of a term that was created because of a game that has not yet been proven.

A Marioplex is an extremely large number, the number itself being equal to 1012,431. This is a number that is so large, it surpasses the amount of atoms in the observable universe.

I have to disagree with something written on 'Level 1.3'. Dungeons And Dragons absolutely have final outcomes, as well as resolutions and there is definite winning and losing. It is also one of the most creative games alive, even moreso than Minecraft or Terraria.

Dungeons and Dragons allows you to create your own story, your own character. It is the pinnacle of using your imagination in games.
An Aesthetic Collage of my DnD character

I enjoyed reading Pulling The Plug  as it helped with the point I am trying to make. The idea of creating a board game or tabletop game in order to help you create a Video game is a thought I definitely agree with. A prototype could be made in an hour, and any 'bugs' can be fixed almost right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment