Sunday, October 14, 2018

Feedback Strategies

There are a lot of reasons to say 'Good Job' but apparently only five reasons not to?

I read that title, as well as the article, and found it a bit... preachy. Manipulating Children  as a reason to not say Good Job? I think that's ridiculous. You should praise children for what they do because at that age everything they do is important for them.

And if you don't praise them that can lead to serious self-esteem issues later in life.

I'm sorry Stealing A Child's Pleasure????? Who the hell wrote this? Bloody Count Olaf? Part of the reason of completing a task or creating something is to receive praise. You gain 'pleasure' from the praise you are given congratulating you on your work.

That article made me want to hit someone. No, it made me want to allow a child to hit whoever wrote it and say 'Good Job!' to the child.

I was going to read the 'How to Give Feedback Without Sounding Like a Jerk' article with hopes that it would be better than the other but three paragraphs in and he mentions Family Guy has already ruined it.

The writer of this article is trying too hard to relate to 'us young adults' by referencing different characters in Pop culture such as Stewie Griffin and Ross from Friends.

Frankly I think these authors are putting too little faith in the populace to have learned how to correctly give feedback without mentioning Bart Simpson or ignoring praising their children.

And I have an idea as to what generation the authors were from..
Image result for baby boomers
Image via empowernetwork.com
Ironically, I got the above image from a Telegraph called 'Stop Blaming Baby Boomers For Everything'... Which would be a lot easier if it wasn't actually their fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment