Thursday, October 18, 2018

Unity Tutorial 03

I like clocks. Like the interesting mechanisms within them. I did not like this clock.

I don't know why but for some reason I found this particular tutorial painfully agonising to complete properly. Either my hands weren't going the right way or my indicators were slightly off, which granted was probably more a problem to my eyes than anything else.

The animation was annoyingly difficult to get right. It either went too fast, kept stuttering, or flew off into another dimension... I still don't know how I managed that last one.

I had no problem taking down the code, writing it into the game and making sure there weren't any errors, but for some reason that didn't stop the hands from gaining a mind of their own and trying to hi-five each other.

A Quarternion sounds like a sci-fi term for when they've only got 25 lightyears left to go or something similar.

Getting the hands to continuously move was more trouble than it was worth, but it was also quite mesmerising once I finally got them to keep spinning in order and not go flying off the handle.

Image result for clock
A Clock

2 comments:

  1. hi Darragh, I can agree.. this was a bugger to do haha. I needed some assistance along the way to get it to work properly but Oh man was it satisfying to watch those hands swing. Anyway sweet blog, See you Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was difficult for me too especially the c# :(

    ReplyDelete