Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Games GDD

"Here are a bunch of elements, just throw them together and call it a game."

Sounds like my kinda game.

The 'core aesthetics' of a game can vary wildly. Each player can experience something completely different depending on their playthrough of a game. An example of this is Undertale. Working backwards is something I'm used to, having created characters in my head and then figuring out why they exist. It is something I do a lot with my stories.

Creating rules is a very difficult thing for me, as I have more fun breaking them. And working with a proven system isn't something I would like to do, I would prefer to create my own system. Though technically speaking everything has been done before. But not my way.

Image result for my way frank sinatra
Frank Sinatra
Singer of 'My Way'
Creating ideas for games was a lot harder than I originally thought it would be, I figured that out during my game brainstorm. But I still managed to come up with four. Having games being played online is a big thing so I might just try and find out how to get that to work with my game.

Prototypes, no not the games, are important because if you don't make one you won't be able to test out how the mechanics work or how players will react to that style of game.

No comments:

Post a Comment