Sunday, October 14, 2018

Game Idea Research

The Game I chose is going to be the free-running one. I decided on this one because it's both the one I want to do most and the one I think people would have the most fun playing. The idea of being able to jump over buildings and treat the skyline as your plaything is something I think most people would enjoy.

One Game mechanic I was thinking of is collectibles. Some form of item that acts as a currency in game. Maybe a small coin or something you could pick up. The coins would be collected in order to change the characters appearance.

Oh, no micro-transactions. Cause they're an idiotic decision to put in a game.

Power-Ups is another mechanic I was thinking of, maybe ones that let you jump higher, go faster, or ignore all damage for a time. Should be... somewhat easy to implement.

Uhhhhh what other game mechanics are there...

Multiplayer?

Yeah sure that works. You can play multiplayer against a friend with the same game and they will show up within your game as a slightly ghosty looking character. The game ends when both players crash or fall or whatever ends it.

I might implement a Quick-Time Event where if the player get's hit by something they can hit it away with a weapon they have. You can change whatever weapon you use but the default would be a stop sign.

This is what the main character would look like.
(Drawn by my friend Ruth)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darragh! i thought it was funny when you said micro-transactions were an idiotic thing to put in a game.It made me feel as though you really care about this idea and want it to be the best you can make it. I think its a good idea to do it the way you want to and not the conventional way. I thought the idea of being able to swat objects away from the character is a great idea but would the weapons that are available be determined on the level they are on or would all weapons be free to use? I was also thinking about the multiplayer mode. What if you create it so that when one player dies the other wins. So it becomes a survival competition, just a thought i had. Great piece and looking forward to seeing the game developed!!

    ReplyDelete