Thursday, October 11, 2018

Unity Tutorial 03

Image result for unity logo
Unity Logo

Following along with the blog I had a lot of fun implementing the crystal. I didn't find the second tutorial quite as interesting but I understand why it is necessary for some games. I think the reason I enjoyed putting the crystal in was because before I actually enabled it to be picked up I walked into it and it rolled away.

This led to a chase with my character trying to catch the the crystal as it bounced around and in between the trees that I had dotted around my terrain. It was surprisingly entertaining and it also made me realise that a football game would be quite easy to make in unity as long as you used an actual ball and not a huge pointy crystal that would probably take someones eye out.

There was an immense satisfaction when I heard the 'ping' of the chaos emerald- sorry I mean 'Non-Branded Crystal' being collected. The sound in general was an amazing thing, as I feel it somehow makes the game feel more like a game.

I actually made a small jumping puzzle using the cubes that were textured to reach the crystal. I had a lot of fun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment