Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Unity Tutorial 1

I actually knew quite a bit about how to use Unity before hand, so this was a nice refresher to get used to everything once again. I watched the first video and followed along and took a screenshot of how mine differed from the tutorial.

Screenshot of my work in Unity


I gave the ball a 'RigidBody' component which allowed it to fall and roll down the slope I had created using the rest of the tutorial. It continued to roll on the Terrain with no apparent change in speed. So I would have to give some gravity or friction to keep it from rolling all the way.

I have previously created an FPS in Unity. That's not saying it was a particularly good one. It just worked as one with enemies and power ups. I don't think I'll be creating that in Unity this time, though the tutorials may actually show me how to do so.

Watching the Tutorials, both the videos and the ones on Unity itself have given me ideas for what to make as an actual project. I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment